Author’s Tour of Elena Kreuzberg (Canada) and Sergey Kulagin (Kyrgyzstan)
Journey to the heart of the Tien-Shan Mountains in Central Asia
KYRGYZSTAN: June 11-25, 2023
This is a journey for nature enthusiasts, for those who are interested to see the variety of ecosystems and biodiversity in all their manifestations. We will drive along mountain roads and visit places with rich biological diversity, as well as get familiar with the cultural traditions of the Kyrgyz people, who move to high mountain pastures in summer. We will have the opportunity to look at the plains and human settlements adjacent to foothills from the height of mountain passes, see the turbulent streams running down narrow gorges from snow peaks, enjoy the splendor and variety of colorful alpine meadows with marvelous butterflies fluttering over them, walk along the paths in the lush forest belt, hear the singing of numerous birds and the whistle of marmots warning their neighbors about the appearance of unexpected guests in their habitats… We will be able to dive into the clear waters of Lake Issyk-Kul, surrounded by snow-capped mountain peaks on the hottest days of summer. And also we will be able to explore the colorful and noisy Asian bazaars and immerse ourselves in the oriental flavor, where history and modernity perfectly complement each other.
See the link for a detailed description.
In group tours, we take usually 8-10 people, so that everything goes comfortably, and cozy in a friendly atmosphere and we have an opportunity to pay attention to everyone.
Canadians do not need a visa to Kyrgyzstan for up to 30 days.
A PCR test is not needed.
Between-group tours, we conduct individual journeys to natural areas, where you can create an individual trip and realize any wishes related to exploring the environmental features.
Included in the price:
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel after arrival and back on the last day.
- Accommodation in double rooms in comfortable hotels and guest houses (with a unique local flavor, private gardens, and access to a swimming pool or a picturesque lake).
- Accommodation in yurts, four or five people in a yurt (attention: in yurts electricity is supplied through generators, and toilets and washrooms are located outside. At night, yurts are heated only on Son-Kul Lake).
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We’ll take lunch boxes during our field trips to the natural areas.
- Comfortable bus.
- Environmental fees.
- English-Russian speaking guide with perfect knowledge of flora and fauna in Central Asia and the author of the tour throughout the entire journey.
- Certified local guide (ornithologist) with unique knowledge of the history and amazing nature of Kyrgyzstan.
- Outdoor hikes, informative stories, acquaintance with local nature, national cuisine, language, religion, culture, and customs.
- All tickets, excursions, and attractions are indicated in the program.
- Organization of travel and assistance at all stages from buying an air ticket, and preparing travel documents to collect items in your baggage.
- Friendly atmosphere, individual approach to each participant, caring for the whole group during the travel.
- All taxes and fees, no additional fees during the trip.
*If there are fewer than 8 people on the tour, the total cost will be higher
*If you cancel the tour on your part, the prepayment is non-refundable (goes to the hotel reservation)
*When borders are closed or other unforeseen circumstances, the reservation is transferred to other dates.
The price does not include:
- Airfare (we will help you choose the most profitable flights for free)
- Travel health insurance
- Personal expenses (for food, souvenirs, additional excursions, and entertainment according to your desire not included in the program)
- Horse riding
- Alcoholic beverage
- Surcharges for single rooms
*The organizers can change the order of the program, and excursions according to the circumstances (weather conditions) or wishes of the group
* The organizers are not responsible for force majeure related to weather, coronavirus, and other circumstances
* The mid of June is a hot summer in Central Asia, but not everywhere. Be prepared for noticeable temperature changes on the plains, in the foothills and in the mountains. Be sure to stock up on warm clothes, waterproof jackets and shoes, gloves and hats for hiking in the highlands (subalpine and alpine meadows and in evenings near mountain lakes). For the night hikes, you need to have a flashlight.
*Enrollment in the group closes 30 days before the start of the trip.
For more information and/or to book this tour, please contact the travel agency directly at
YYT Travel Tours: 7851 Dufferin St., Suite 100, Toronto (Thornhill), Ontario L4J 3M4 Tel: 1.877.999.4768 or 905.660.7000 – TICO Reg: #4332359