Author’s Tour of Ivan Leshukov
Lemurs and Baobabs: Best birdwatching time to visit one of the most mysterious and attractive places for naturalists.
MADAGASCAR: October 24, 2023, – November 7, 2023
We change the time for the exotic author’s tour to Madagascar. We will be able to see the nature and wildlife of the mysterious Madagascar Island, which separated from India about 88 million years ago, during the breakdown of the ancient supercontinent of Gondwana. Since then, the unique flora and fauna of the island have been formed in conditions of complete isolation. As a result of this segregation, 90% of the plant and animal species that inhabit the island are found nowhere else in the world. People appeared on the island relatively recently, although the opinions of scientists about the time when the first settlers arrived differed. Surprisingly, this island drifted close to the east coast of Africa. Madagascar is one of the world’s largest islands on Earth (4th by the area) – and only here we can see unusual long-tailed curious lemurs, mammals that belong to primitive primates, they are sometimes also called semi-monkeys. Only here we will be able to observe the funny Madagascar aye-aye (Daubentonia madagascarensis), which in appearance can be compared with an animal from a fairytale. This is only one modern species from the family. Also only on this island, travelers can find many endemic species of phlegmatic chameleons.
We will visit the best national parks of this island with untouched nature that speaks for itself, take a walk along the fantastic alley of baobabs, get acquainted with the life of the local communities, swim in the Indian Ocean, enjoy wonderful fruits and admire the magnificent landscapes of this tropical island!
Cost: 3,400 CAD (shared room) and 3,800 CAD (single accommodation).
Duration: 15 days
Group size: No more than 10 people, so, that everyone has the opportunity to see unique animals and feel the peculiarities of Madagascar’s nature.
Season: We are going during the rainy season, so, the chance of rain in Andasibe municipality is quite high. But at this time, we have an opportunity to see more interesting living creatures, and the prices for services are lower.
Enrollment in the group closes 30 days before the start of the trip.
See the link for a detailed description.
Included in the price:
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel in the first day and back on the last day.
- Accommodation in double rooms in comfortable hotels and guest houses with access to Wi-Fi in all places except Palmarium Reserve and Kirindy. Breakfast is included.
- Accommodation in a single room is possible for an additional fee.
- Lunch and supper – in local cafes and restaurants with a rich selection of dishes and preserved traditions of French cuisine.
- Comfortable transportation: minivan like the Hyundai Starex.
- Environmental fees.
- English-speaking group guide with background in biology (ecology and biogeography).
- The author of the tour is a wandering naturalist with rich experience in organizing unforgettable trips to unique places on the Planet.
- Acquaintance with the local nature, unique species of plants and animals.
- All tickets, excursions, and attractions are indicated in the program and tour description.
- Organization of travel and assistance at all stages from buying an air ticket, and preparing documents to collect a backpack.
- Friendly atmosphere, individual approach to each participant, caring for the whole group during a trip.
- All taxes and fees, no additional charges.
* When recruiting less than 6 people on a tour, the total cost will be significantly higher.
* If you cancel the tour on your part, the prepayment is non-refundable (goes to the hotel reservation).
The price does not include:
- Airfare (our agents will help you choose the best airfare).
- A visa is obtained upon arrival at the airport of Madagascar: its cost is 37 $USA.
- Travel health insurance.
- Personal expenses (for food, souvenirs, additional excursions, and entertainment according to your desire not included in the program)
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Surcharges for single rooms.
* This is a real live tour where the guides may change the itinerary due to transportation challenges, weather or the condition of the participants.
* The organizers are not responsible for force majeure related to weather and other external circumstances.
* Participants of the trip must have a yellow card (yellow fever vaccination, which is required for all travelers to the tropics of Africa and Latin America).
* Don’t forget your binoculars for animal-watching and your cameras. For night trips, headlamps will come in handy, just flashlights will also be useful.
* Item list for your travel: Footwear – light sneakers. Summer clothes plus fleece jacket and windbreaker (minimum temperature can be +16-18 degrees at night). Sunglasses. Hats. Sunscreen (+50). Mosquito repellent. First aid kit for your needs. Flashlight.
* Your baggage: It is better to take a small or medium-sized suitcase with your basic things. Small backpack for going on excursions.
* * *.
The balance should be paid until November 24, 2023
Start of the tour October 22-24; The last day of the tour – November 07.
Please, contact Elena Kreuzberg regarding travel arrangements, including trip details, travel insurance, and airfare at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1-613-297-6405
For more information and/or to book this tour, please contact the travel agency directly at
YYT Travel Tours: 7851 Dufferin St., Suite 100, Toronto (Thornhill), Ontario L4J 3M4 Tel: 1.877.999.4768 or 905.660.7000 – TICO Reg: #4332359